December 13, 2008

Nostalgia


Our local home school group went on a "field trip" to Rock City this week to see the Enchanted Garden Lights. Eddie had never been to Rock City! I'd never been at night. It's a different place with all the lights... especially the view of Chattanooga.
Eddie left for work so early that morning (in his work "uniform") that he forgot to bring along something warm to wear. Isaac and I laughed when we realized he was in a shop purchasing a "See Rock City" sweatshirt complete with a hood! Can't wait to see when he wears it again... ha!
Funny, I can't remember who took me to Rock City as a little girl (who was that, momma?). But I still remember the Fairyland Caverns.... and even the scenes from particular tales. They didn't seem as spectacular this time but special in a different way.
My guys make me laugh every time I turn around. When those two get going, they really are funny! I had to warn them to limit their humor since my bathroom stops were limited!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

i know i've been once i but i dont remember anything! I do kno wthat Mom took us 3 kids, it was WAY before Faith and we went w/ Mamaw and a friend.