July 8, 2009

Little Birdie


Our air unit went out... you guessed it, Friday afternoon- right before the holiday. Thankfully, mom and dad have an extra bedroom all ready for daughters to come home when they need to. And thankfully when I called mom at 9 PM to tell her the boys and I were on our way she said "okay".
Our house is not set up for open windows and doors. Yesterday when I returned home to do laundry, repack, etc- I was met by two little birds that had made their way into the house. I suppose they assumed they were invited since the front door was open.
A friend came over to attempt to help me remove the one little guy that wanted to make this his home too. We were not successful- so Eddie Bo came home from work after Jonathan and I had returned to mom's house.
I'm still giggling at his story of how he considered using Isaac's BB gun but decided that wasn't such a good idea. But the Nerf Gun... now that was an idea. So he loaded the bullets and took aim at his target some 20 feet up in the window.
Bull's Eye! He hit the little guy first try. It was enough to knock it out of the window so Eddie could carry it outside. Seems he was no worse off after his adventure. Now to clean up the bird's mess he left behind.....

1 comment:

Taylor said...

oh know! How funny! (the bird i mean)
i hope you can get your air fixed soon!! :)