August 21, 2009

Our Favorites

I remember the first time I "babysat" my sisters and got paid for it. Mother brought me a paperback copy of Frank Baum's "The Wizard of Oz." The entire 15 books soon became my favorite. I memorized the map in the front cover and thought Dorothy was the greatest of great! I still love to read... time just doesn't allow me to do as much of it as I would like. (Is it true that all homeschoolers love books?)

Now, my favorites are read-alouds like "The Bronze Bow" and " The Twenty-One Balloons." Thankfully, Eddie supports my love for books. He even added more bookshelves to the schoolroom last year. Now I have the joy of pulling Isaac's board books off the shelf and reading to Jonathan. I had forgotten how little ones like to have the same book read again and again and again and again. Each day before he naps we read. And his favorites? You guessed it "Goodnight Moon," of course. And a book Aunt Diane gave Isaac on his first birthday, "Barnyard Dance."
Eddie and Isaac have just finished "Hinds' Feet on High Places" and are starting "Mountain of Spices."
While Isaac and I are almost finished with "Carry On, Mr. Bowditch." There's just nothing better than curling up with the boys and reading a book to them. How blessed!


No comments: