August 7, 2010

Changes in the air

It seems that every year while at the CSTHEA Curriculum Fair, I look at the Maxwell's book, "Managers of Their Homes." http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/Managers+of+Their+Homes/003890/1281189751-1207277
I always felt like Isaac and I would look lost on the daily grid designed for 7 or 8 children! But this year it found its way into my basket. It has felt like my "to-do list" is longer at the end of the day than it was that morning. Well, after spending time reading, praying, planning, and praying some more, I had a daily schedule in hand. Last Sunday, Eddie sat down with us and went over what our days would look like. Someone (we won't mention any names...) was not looking forward to Monday morning and implementing our new schedule. But after just five days, Isaac and I accomplished things I've been attempting to get done for months... and peacefully too! We've had a wonderful week. I know... I know... some of you are saying, "wait till the baby is born." But that's one reason I decided to give Ms. Maxwell a try. We'll be even more busy when Little Lady does arrive, won't we?

2 comments:

Diane McVey said...

That sounds like a wonderful plan. Anything that helps get things done (and peacefully!) is a winner in my book!!! I hope it continues to work for you. You will be fine with three; I had my third when the second was 20 months old. And I survived! :D

5buntings said...

Great! Mrs. Maxwell would probably love to hear your comments, seeing it workable for smaller families also. I'm enjoying a great book by her right now, Homeschooling With a Meek and Quiet Spirit.