April 5, 2009

Exciting Week Ahead

This is an exciting week on our calendar. Not only because we are looking forward to our baby's arrival. It is Passover. Mom to Cherubs shared this blog post with me. Ann has done a beautiful job sharing the meaning and experience of Passover. It seems she has taken my own thoughts and emotions that surround Passover and expressed them so beautifully.
Passover Seder 2008

"Weary and worn from the all-day effort, I have my own questions: Is all of this business of keeping Passover unnecessary burden? Have we knotted the holy day up in redundant encumbrances? Does this old covenant really have bearing on new covenant living? But, slipping my hand through my husband’s, my queries hush.For there are children pressing in now, anxious for just this, this tradition, this meal before candles, this sipping of goblets. The questions now trickle, the same four questions that have come rippling down from one generation, to the next, for centuries; from the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob….to our children.Six-year-old Levi, his young voice pitched high but gentle, asks the first of the three-thousand-year-old queries, 'Why are we eating unleavened bread, or matzah, tonight?' "If you have a moment, it will be well worth your time to visit Ann's blog at http://www.aholyexperience.com/2009/04/messianic-passover-seder-why-christians.html

No comments: