April 15, 2009

Our "Gift from God"

Meet Jonathan Thomas Bohannon!
I'm so glad Carmen was busy snapping photos at the hospital... since I have misplaced (we won't say lost just yet) our camera. Eddie and I spent much time praying about the names for our sons. We believe giving a child his name is an important task and privilege for a mom and dad.


When we were selecting a name for this baby, Isaac mentioned Jonathan (he loves Granny John's name- Johnnie). I was thrilled to learn Jonathan means "Jehovah has given" or " A gift from God." It also reminds me of my friend Angela St. John and her gift of prayer. Its spiritual connotation is a faithful friend- my prayer for Isaac and his brother.




Eddie added the name Thomas- his grandmother's family name. Thomas means "Seeker of Truth." Perfect!

After a difficult labor, my nurse midwife brought our little one to me. As she laid him on my chest, my heart was full of thankfulness to my Heavenly Father for the new life he created. Truly this baby is a gift from God.....

4 comments:

Judy said...

He is beautiful. So happy for all of you. Can't wait to meet him.
Judy

diane mcvey said...

He truly is that gift!!!
I can't wait to see him...just a couple more months. We don't have dates to visit yet, but it will probably be in June.
Sweet, gentle hugs to your new little one; and a big bear hug for Isaac! Love love love you all! :D

Taylor said...

Love the pictures!
I hope that you find your "misplaced" camera soon. I'll be waiting for LOTS more pictures of that beautiful baby!:)
love yall

3'sacharm said...

What a beautiful gift! I hope you are all well and feeling good!