December 15, 2009

The Maccabees

For years, we have been collecting Nest videos. One of our favorites is about Abraham and Isaac... Eddie and I still cry everytime we watch it.

During Hanukkah, we pull out the video of the Maccabees... and yes, I usually cry during it too. Here's the section that encourages me so.

Robin Sampson (in "A Family Guide to the Biblical Holidays") writes, "The same powers promoted by Antiochus are in the world today. Worldwide immorality, and idolatry are the norm. We must come out and be separate."

Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 6:16-17

No comments: