April 8, 2010

Happy Birthday


Finally! After waiting through an entire season of ice-cream last year, Poppy and Nana were "allowed" to introduce Jonathan to a wonderful thing called ice-cream. Mom had been giving him empty baby cones... but Wow! This one had a spoonful of vanilla ice-cream in it. Surprise!

Ben and "Baby Jonathan" at the Knoxville Zoo. We were so excited when Aunt Sherry made plans to meet us early on JT's birthday.... and at the last minute may I add. I called her around 8 AM while we were on the interstate headed her way. So not like me!

This year has passed very quickly... is our sweet little baby really turning one?

I really do have monkies!



Okay... Aunt Sherry is really "with it" in our book. Not only did she meet us with very short notice- she even brought snacks and treats for everyone: Sprite for Isaac, an organic gala apple for me (my favorite!) and goldfish for Jonathan- his very first.... and he loved them by the way.

Back at home that evening, Jonathan had another first... a birthday cupcake! Complete with red #40. What was I thinking? He loved it!!

Happy Birthday Jon Thomas! You have truly been a "gift from God" to our family. We love you!

1 comment:

Diane McVey said...

What a wonderful celebration! And ice cream~~mmmmmmm!!! I'm sure he loved it! I remember Josh's first sherbet, 31 years ago! He was SO excited, eating it. It was too cute! (can you believe my Josh just turned 32??!!) Yikes! Wait 'til that happens to YOU! LOL
I hope Jonathan had a wonderful day. I wish I could have been there :D