June 14, 2010

Meet Dylan


A new friend came to our house this week all the way from Aunt Diane's house in Nebraska. She sent Jonathan a teddy bear named "Dylan." Of course he was excited... but it was a bit sentimental to Eddie and me. Because we remember when "Snoodles" arrived for Isaac from Aunt Diane's house in Kansas. Snoodles doesn't look as cute and snugly as he did on the day Isaac took him from the box. He has several years on him plus lots of miles and hours too. Once he got left in a cabin in the mountains and came home on the big brown UPS truck.
But Eddie and I were a bit sentimental for another reason. Isaac left for Boy Scout Camp the same weekend Jonathan's new "friend" arrived (who we have renamed Marvin, by the way). Snoodles was definitely not one of the things on the pack lists! Instead it was water balloons, fireworks, and knives! Ah, our first born is growing up. But Hey! That's what's suppose to happen, right?

1 comment:

Diane McVey said...

Oh, sweet memories! I hope Jonathan likes his new friend, Marvin! :D I wish I could hug him myself, but at least I know Marvin can hug him for me!