July 30, 2011

Kids Fest

Even though the temperature is way hot- I had promised the kids I would take them to Kid Fest at Dollywood. Jonathan Thomas loves Dollywood just as much as anyone! I caught him actually looking at a map.
A neat little place was using kids' hand prints to make pictures. I couldn't resist having Jonathan and Rachel's done! My plans are to have them framed for their bedrooms. Hopefully, I can put Rachel's life verse on hers.
And the highlight of the day... The Little Engine That Could. Since it was Kids Fest, their were shows and activities just for kids. My plan was to get there early before it got to hot then see a couple of shows. The first performance was at 1:00. So much for my plan. But it was so good! And Jonathan just loved it too. The other show we wanted to see was at 2:00- The Bubble Show. It was so crowded that the theatre was full by the time we got into the huge line.
Another one of Jonathan's favorites was a sand table that had set up. I'm blogging this almost 2 weeks later and he is still talking about the sand. We played while Isaac rode some of the big kid rides.
The Old Mill has become our lunch stop. Gina Hall told me about the awesome homemade bread they have.
My boys! How sweet! And check out Mr. Hollywood. Cool, huh? Rachel refused to wear her hat!

The men at the train depot have gotten to know Jonathan! I couldn't believe that actually remembered him. They sure do have a hot job! The heat index was approaching 110 degrees. Can't imagine what it must be in the steam engine.
Next trip.... cooler weather!

No comments: