September 27, 2011

Elkmont Trip

I must have packed all week for our first camping trip with the whole family. It paid off though! We even stopped at the Coleman "outlet" store and picked up a table... what a treasure that was. The truck was full. Next trip we'll have to rent a trailer of some sorts!
After hearing people singing, Isaac hiked up the ridge next to our campsite. This was his view looking down on our camp. And would you believe he found a cemetery up there! We never could figure out what the folks had been doing since there wasn't fresh dirt but there were flowers. And to make things really weird... at about 9:00 we saw a man up there with a flashlight kicking around in the dirt.... strange!

What a very strange night we had. The wind was so ... I don't even have a word to describe it. Poor Jonathan cried and ask me to turn it off because it hurt his ears. I might have gotten a couple of hours of sleep. But God taught me a lesson I will not soon forget. I must learn to trust in the storm too- not just to have the storm quietened.

No comments: