October 16, 2011

Fall Cleaning

I don't know what it is- unless it is simply to fact that I love fall. But at our house, we get in the mood for fall cleaning. My sweetheart has spent his afternoon cleaning out from under the house for me! Oh the treasures found. Here's one of them. I'm not sure what year it would have been written... but it is certainly a treasure worth keeping.


Seeking Excellence through the Lord
I reach for spiritual help,
Asking God in all that I do
TO guide my every step.

A sacred light upon the path
My Lord has chosen for me,
Illuminates much better than I,
With worldly light could see.

It lights the path of righteousness
Through the Valley of Death it shines,
Oh Author of All that is good and pure,
Through Christ's salvation is mine.

And with God's help I pray that
Others will always be able to see,
The proper path illuminated,
By the light shining out of me.

E. B. Bohannon III

No comments: