February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog's Day

Phil's official forecast as read February 2nd, 2010 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:
Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
On Gobbler's Knob on this glorious Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2010, Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators awoke to the call of President Bill Deeley and greeted his handlers, John Griffiths and Ben Hughes.
After casting a joyful eye towards thousands of his faithful followers, Phil proclaimed, "If you want to know next, you must read my text. As the sky shines bright above me, my shadow I see beside me. So six more weeks of winter it will be."

Does anyone remember what Phil said the weather would be like on February 2, 1979?
I do remember what happened to me on that particular Groundhog's Day.

I had gone to visit my friend Robin Harris. Her mother and I were sitting in Robin's room when Ms. Anne began to ask me some very probing questions. At 1:40 that afternoon, I realized I was a sinner and in need of a Savior.


It was some time later that I was ready to be baptized in obedience to scripture. And even several years later before I allowed Jesus to become Lord of my life and be in control of it. After my sweet Granny Ann left this world, I came to understand that I was "saved" but not spirit-controlled like the life I had seen my godly grandmother live.

Today, I can't image... nor would I ever want to.... what life would be like without a relationship with Jesus Christ. My walk with the Lord has not been about a list of do's and don't or religion. Instead, I am loved and cared for by the God of the Universe. He gives me peace, a purpose, joy, security, and the desires of my heart! Who could ask for more?

1 comment:

5buntings said...

Thank for sharing your testimony. Love the picture! It's the first I've ever seen of you as a kid. So sweet!