February 12, 2010

Lonesome

I sure am missing Papaw. I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call the number that I think I had memorized before I knew how to count! But he's not there.

I want to tell him about the new little one that is on the way. And how Jonathan loves to eat spinach and blueberries. I want to talk about tilling the garden whenever the ground dries out and what I'm planning to plant. I want him to hear Isaac's new song on the guitar. There's so much I want to talk about. So much has happened since he went away last month. Has it really only been a month?

I had never heard the song that Papaw Monk chose for his funeral. But now it is "music to my ears." Because I know one day I will spend eternity with my Savior Jesus.... and my Papaw.

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved,
we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens!
2 Corinthians 5:1

No comments: