November 17, 2010

Windows


I was up earlier than normal this morning... 5:30 actually! I needed the extra time to nurse Rachel and get ready for "window cleaning day." I suppose the combination of quiet time alone with little Rachel and Jonathan's grimy hand prints of the kitchen windows made me melancholy.
More than once, I have questioned God's timing. Like why did it take so many years for God to bless us with children? And why two so close together? Those little hand prints may have answered some of my questions. Would I have really been ready for hand prints ... would I have appreciated them like I do today ... would I have taken my role as mom as seriously or would it just have been a "job" to me instead of a privilege? I'm very thankful this morning for that privilege and the name Mommy.
Oh my! Gotta go... Jonathan has one leg stuck in the floor vent!

No comments: