March 23, 2011

Rally Day

Last year, Eddie was away on business and wasn't able to attend Rally Day with us. We loved having dad along this year!
Jonathan in the Plaza outside the War Memorial Building. The Legislative Plaza in located directly below the Plaza.
I was so thrilled to once again be able to take a motor coach to Nashville for Rally Day. Glad April had discernment to take the "big bus" because sure enough, it was full (56 seats)!
Our crew headed back to our bus after a very long and full day. We parked right on Charlotte Avenue in front of the Capitol Building.

Going through security into the TN Towers for the Leadership Luncheon.
"The Litte Ones" went along with us this year. (Actually, I was pregnant with Rachel last year.) And I sure was glad I took the BOB stroller along. Because they spent a great portion of the day in it. Thnakfully, we had lots of guys that toted them down stairs for me so Eddie and I didn't have to take the handicap entrances.
Jonathan with his new friend, Amy MacIsaac, during the Gregg Harris session. This was our last event of the day, so we were all getting really tired. Eddie and I sat outside in the hallway so Jonathan would not be disrupptive.

My Knight in Shining Armor! Eddie took care of Jonathan and Rachel all day long! It was such a huge help so I could concentrate on getting our group where they needed to be when without loosing anyone. Gotta admit, he was quite handsome in his suit pushing "The Bus" around all day.
Some folks from our group coming back from the tour of the Capitol Building. We visited Legislative Plaza to help with the cookie delivery. Then went through the underground tunnel into the Capitol.
METHEA with Senator Mike Bell and Representative John Forgety.

What an early morning! We loaded the little ones into the Tahoe at 5:30 in order to meet the bus at Wal-Mart at 6:00 AM. I was so proud of my crew for being on time!


Rally Day always makes me so proud of our homeschoolers. It also reminds me how thankful I am for the privelege of teaching my precioius children!

No comments: