July 2, 2013

Our Jayco

Almost one year ago to the very day that I started started asking God for a camper,  He sent us a pop-up camper! Never have I seen such nastiness! Well last night.... After 7 days of cleaning, scrubbing, bleaching, and praying- I am happy to say "The camper is clean."

You know when I was in that thing dressed with all the mice droppings, it occurred to me that God could have sent us a brand spanking new camper that we towed off a dealer's lot. But, obviously He didn't. I, nor the kids, would have appreciated that new one as much as we will our 1997 Jayco. It's ours- a gift.

He also could have kept me out of all that nasty, nasty mice crap! But I learned something as I vacuumed and bleached, bleached and vacuumed. Every time I'd think I had an area clean, I'd open a cabinet or pull out a drawer and get another load of nastiness dumped onto my nice clean spot! Not only was it gross but it was frustrating to find more "stuff." Hum..... My life can be just the same. Just as I think I have an area all "nice and clean" with my acts of obedience, God opens a cabinet and drawer only to reveal some gross, nasty sin that I didn't't even realize was there.

I learned one more thing in that camper. God loves me. He really, really loves me. The God of the Universe cared about giving me what I desired-a camper. How dare me consider that He doesn't care about all the other areas of life.... Including my precious little family!

Oh God that I would be aware of You today and every day!  Not what you do or don't do in this life that I call mine- but YOU..... Jehovah-Jireh!