January 18, 2009

I'm Back

I've taken some time "off" from my blog.... Not sure whether I should try to catch you up on life here at Hill Haven or just jump right in.

2009 has found us busy with the preparations necessary to welcome ... what are we going to call him?.... Little One into our lives in a couple of months. Isaac and I are working diligently with our school work. He's doing an outstanding job. It is exciting when the end comes into view. The completion of history, math, music, literature and several other subjects are approaching. If all goes well, he should have this year complete by the time his little brother arrives.


Today, we made a trip to visit with Papaw Monk so that Mamaw Sue could attend Sunday morning service at her church. I must admit when it came time to dress and leave the house there were other things I would have rather been doing. But oh the blessing Isaac and I would have missed if we had not been obedient to what we both felt the Holy Spirit had told us to do.
I sat in Papaw's floor watching him play checkers (rather competitvely too!) and thinking about how many times Granny sat in the floor playing whatever my heart desired. My grandparents have given to me and now to my sons the gift of a legacy. I'm so thankful that Isaac has had the opportunity to have a relationship with his great grandfather and that I have been given the opportunity to witness the legacy they built one year at a time.



Psalm 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children...

4 comments:

mom2boys said...

LOVE the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Yippee, glad to see you are blogging again! I'm sure your visit on Sunday was truly a blessing. Sometimes it seems things are a "chore", then they turn out to be so wonderful!

Taylor said...

Glad 2 see u back! Great post

Anonymous said...

Well, you impress me again with your organization skills. Planning school so you're done with a lot by the time little britches arrives is great!
Mrs. T