July 31, 2010

32 Weeks Already?


By now, our baby weighs about 3 pounds (pick up a large jicama... a what?) and is about 16 inches long, taking up a lot of space! Isaac got to feel her curled up in my rib yesterday. I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to the baby (Thankfully! I have hit the 10 pound mark- but it feels like 30. Guess that's because I still have previous baby weight hanging around!) In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. Wow! I read earlier today that: "your blood volume has increased 40 to 50 percent since you got pregnant. With your uterus pushing up near your diaphragm and crowding your stomach." Well, that explains alot.

Seriously, I have been feeling great- especially since a wise mother of six encouraged me to increase my water consumption. No, actually she told me to! The heat has just started to "bother" me. But then again, it's hot- isn't it?

1 comment:

Diane McVey said...

It's amazing how much they grow the last few weeks...John Paul weighed 4.5 pounds when we brought him home; he was 9 weeks old. He sure was a tiny little fellow! At least you know your baby would survive now, should something happen (heaven forbid). It's comforting, though! I can't wait to see her; I will have to figure out a way to come to TN some time to see ALL the kiddos! LOVE YOU...