September 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home

This was our quickest labor and delivery and also our quickest hospital stay. Lee Ann gave me the option of staying one more night or heading home today. (Who can rest when you have 4 and 5 am fire drills!) I'm ready to get this little crew all together under one roof. But before we head toward home...

Rachel Ann's Story




For about 10 to 14 days, I had been having contractions (and No! They were not Braxton Hicks.) After seeing our nurse midwife Monday morning plus the regular contractions, we knew things were right on time with our due date being Saturday the 25th. That evening, Eddie and I took Isaac to spend the night with a couple of friends. On the drive to their house, I teased him that tonight might be the night and our last time as just the four of us. Little did we know what the next couple of hours would hold. Sure enough, shortly after we returned home and had Jonathan to bed, the contractions started - but this time they were only 5 minutes apart and not stopping. We decided to head to bed and get some rest. But by the time I made it to my room they were already 3 minutes apart. Hum... time to pack. My sweetheart started packing those last minute items on my list. Quickly it became difficult for me to walk during a contraction. Hum... time to call Mom and Lee Ann. By the time Mom arrived at 11:45, I was ready to go! Eddie did a great job missing every bump between here and the hospital. A little less that two hours after we arrived at the hospital our precious little girl was in our arms.


“…the goodness of God endureth continually.” Ps. 52:1

2 comments:

Taylor said...

And what a beautiful little girl that is!!! :D Cant wait to "meet" her! :D

Anonymous said...

SHE IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! WHAT A PERFECT FAMILY...YOU ARE BLESSED. HUGS TO ALL OF YOU! :D