October 29, 2010

Ick!


Last week, we made our first trip to the doctor with both the little ones (for well checks, thankfully!). And boy was I glad that Laiel went along with us. Her extra loving arms sure came in handy.Rachel is doing wonderfully weighing in at 9.2. And Jonathan is doing great as well and has hit 23 pounds. No wonder I had such a difficult time hauling him around that last month of pregnancy. Jonathan had a red eyelid that I ask Dr Saji to take a look at. He told me it was probably the start of a stye and prescribed some very expensive eye drops. Well, in the past week his eye has not gotten better. In fact, it's much worse. So this morning Dad took him back to the doctor for an antibiotic injection and a prescription of oral antibiotics too. We don't want staph infection (which usually affects the brain when it enters through the eye). Glad Dad insisted on an appointment. I just knew Jonathan would be better "tomorrow." Now maybe he really will be better.... tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Jonathan! I remember when mine would get a sty. Bleah! I'm glad you got additional meds. You can't be too careful when it's their eyes. I hope it gets better VERY fast. Give him a hug for me! HUGS and LOVE to all!