January 31, 2011

A Little Holiday


Rachel and I took what we are called a "holiday." Since Eddie had to be at a Case IH meeting in Nashville, Rachel and I (well, actually me!) decided to tag along (if Dad would Okay it). Nana was sweet to let the guys come hang out with her and Poppy. And the staff at the Opryland were gracious to upgrade us to a Cascade room (and to give us a late checkout too). Ah... being lazy is nice ever once in awhile. I took my laptop of course and a bag of books. Eddie even treated me to "breakfast in bed" with a blueberry muffin and hot tea. What a sweetie!Less than a year ago, flood waters caused the Opryland Hotel to close for 6 months. As a matter of fact, it has only been reopened for a couple of months. I would have never known the Cascades looked like the above picture last year.
Rachel and I found a wonderful little restaurant where I enjoyed a veggie burger. What a treat to eat without interruptions and I didn't even have to share!

Here's what Little Lady enjoyed... looking out our balcony doors. We could hear the waterfall right outside our room. She loved it!

We ventured up to the sixth floor of the Garden Conservatory to check out the view. It's so funny how people react to babies. When we got off the elevator, there was an open door of a room being cleaned. I spoke to the housekeeper and the next thing I knew, she had invited us inside to see the suite. Would you believe it was $1500 a night? Ha! Not for me... it didn't even have a balcony. Rachel and I much preferred our 2nd floor Cascade Room. Thanks Sweetheart for a wonderful little holiday.

No comments: