April 23, 2011

"Love You Forever"


"The baby grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was two
years old, and he ran all around the house. He pulled all the books off the
shelves. He pulled all the food out of the refrigerator and he took his
mother's
watch and flushed it down the toilet. Sometimes his mother
would
say, 'This kid
is driving me crazy!' "

My sweet little boy brought me one of Isaac's books this morning: "Love You
Forever." We curled up to read - just like Isaac and I did... not so long
ago.


Of course I made a comparison for Jonathan that he is now two... just like
the little boy in the book. When we compared Isaac to the "teenager" in the
book, I turned turn the page and realized that the next season was, "He left
home and got a house across town." Wow!


Since the day Eddie and I became Mommy and Daddy, we realized our "job" (if you can call it that) is to raise our children to leave our home and become godly adults. The completion of that goal is in sight!


As a dear friend once told me, "The days are long, but the years are short."

1 comment:

Diane McVey said...

Yes, those years are WAY too SHORT! They are gone in no time...and then they are "old"! Today my Josh turned 33. I can hardly believe it! Where did those years go??? Like we old ones say, "enjoy every moment"!! (and by the way, we have that book too! I love it!)