March 28, 2009

Last night was the last class of our 12 week Bradley Natural Childbirth Course. I'm glad Eddie suggested we repeat the course- even though it is a huge time investment. Isaac was a "Bradley Baby," but ten years is too long for me to remember details. And I must admit, I was out of practice on those relaxation techniques. Dr. Bradley passed away right before Isaac was born. He taught that: "Natural-Childbirth training displaces ignorance, superstition, fear, anxiety, and the resultant bodily tensions that are such obstacles in labor." How I'd like to have met him- he's my hero. Dr. Bradley entered into obstetrics back in the 40's when women were strapped into large cribs for childbirth and had to wear helmets to protect their heads from banging against the bars because of the drugs they were forced to take. Yuck! If you are interested in his story, you can read more about him at http://www.birthingyourwaytoday.com/Dr._Robert_A.html .


After class was over, Hubby and I had what may be our last dinner date for awhile:-) Isaac was at Ms. Anita's house playing with her boys. She was so sweet to allow him to stay later than planned so Eddie and I could enjoy some time alone. It was a nice Friday night out- planning and preparing while also enjoying my "bestest" friend!

1 comment:

diane mcvey said...

What a special time for the two of you! I hope your labor and delivery go just perfectly. I can't believe it's getting so close now!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed the photos you emailed. They are wonderful! I need to get my order in.
Have a great week...what's left of it! And hugs to your guys for me! :D