September 13, 2008

It's Football Time in Tennessee!


Back in the early 1980's my daddy was able to purchase 8 season football tickets together in the newly completed end zone of Neyland Stadium. He knew that (hopefully...) someday his 3 girls would have spouses and could attend the games together. I remember as a Jr High age girl going to the ballgames with my parents, Papaw, and Mom and Dad's friends. Daddy kept those tickets all these years until now we girls and our families purchase them from him.
On September 21st, 1991... my first year purchasing "my set" of tickets, I invited a young man to go watch a game with me. My sweetheart and I had our first date... to a UT football game! We laugh about it now... but the first year we were married, I was shocked that my new husband was not going to park at the bank. My daddy had always parked there. I didn't want to go to the stadium if we were not going to park in the right place. What a patient husband God sent me...just what I needed.
Today my guys pulled out of the drive headed to a 12:30 ballgame. I'm home (in the nice cool air conditioning may I add) listening to the kick-off on the radio.
I'm so thankful for a godly husband and dad. Hope they have an awesome time. And thanks for keeping those wonderful tickets in the shade, Daddy. Go Vols! By the way... wonder where they parked?

1 comment:

Taylor said...

GO VOLS!!

GO GATORS!!

AND GO COWBOYS!!!

LOL