September 30, 2008

L'shanah Tovah


Rosh Hashanah is a special day in our home. In scripture it is referred to as Yom Teruah (the day of the sounding of the shofar). The holiday is instituted in Leviticus 23:24-25. For us it is special because it is the day Little Man made a decision to become a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We had been learning about the Jewish holidays that year in school. After watching a video from the public library about the customs of the holiday, he ask me if the Jewish people really believed what the video said... did they really believe they blew away their sins for the year with the blowing of the shofar.
It really made him think. That afternoon after quiet time, he told me he had some questions for me. And that I needed to call Dad to come home because he needed to make the most important decision of his life. That is a memory I will treasure all the days of my life... snuggled up in a pile of pillows at the foot of his bed while Dad and I prayed with him. May he choose Truth and Life all the days of his life. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3 John 1:4.

No comments: