September 12, 2008

Panic


In May of 2007, my dad experienced a heart attack and had to be rushed by ambulance to a hospital about 50-60 miles away. As I prepared to head to the hospital too, my vehicle was out of gas! What timing. I decided I would never allow my gas to get below a quarter of a tank.
Well... yesterday, on my way home, my morning sickness was kicking in full force. I knew I needed to eat or I would be sick so... I drove right past the $3.45 gasoline and headed home. When I needed to return to town for a 6:30 meeting, I left in plenty of time to stop at that same station to fill up. But to my surprise... they were out of gas. So was the next station. The next three stations I passed had vehicles lined up out into the street. I finally headed to a station close to my sweetheart's business and got in line. I sure didn't pay $3.45. Today it is over $4.00.
As I drove to my meeting, I was once again reminded how quickly life can change. Kinda like when I did a pregnancy test. In a matter of minutes, "tomorrow" changed.
I find such comfort in a simple truth. That Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and for ever. (Heb 13) No matter what the news reports (or what the gas prices are!) I have such peace and assurance about my life. I am thankful to serve a risen Savior that sustains me in all areas... yesterday, today and tomorrow.