September 5, 2008

Twin Cities

Guess where we were on Wednesday... wish we had been in the twin cities for the Republican National Convention... but instead we were just passing through. It never occurred to me when purchasing our airline tickets to Des Moines, Iowa that we would be traveling through Minneapolis, St Paul the week of the convention.

Our flight out of MSP was delayed about 45 minutes due to a "security issue." We never knew exactly what was going on except that there were some 6-8 TWA officers, FBI agents, lots of weapons and a search dog at our gate searching everything from the plane to a passenger and his luggage. It was certainly exciting for Little Man when security officials with "big guns" came through.

But the highlight of our stop in MSP was when we "met" Sarah Palin that evening watching her acceptance speech. I am so excited and encouraged. I do not think McCain could have chosen a better running mate. I like the "gal!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mercy! If I'd known you'd be in DesMoines, I'd have driven over! We border Iowa, you know!!! Wish I could have seen you all...