October 10, 2008

Big Business


Boy has Halloween become a big business. After dodging some of the most grotesque masks and costumes I've ever seen (and in the local pharmacy may I add!), I came home to find in the mail a magazine with an article about Halloween. October 31st is now the third-busiest party day of the year in the US. And in 2007, the National Retail Foundation estimated that the average American spent $64.82 on Halloween!

But as a born-again Christian, I am troubled that so many followers of the Lord Jesus Christ see absolutely nothing wrong with observing Halloween, All Saints Day, All Souls Day or the Day of the Dead. Most of us know it started with ancient traditions on superstitions. But what does it mean today?
Check out the excellent article I read at ahttp://www.tomorrowsworld.org/cgi-bin/tw/tw-mag.cgi?category=Magazine56&item=1220252742 . It's full of info and encouragement.

No comments: