October 9, 2008

Chemical Overload


After doing some routine cleaning this afternoon, I've come to the conclusion that maybe the headaches I'm having aren't caused by pregnancy hormones... it may be all the chemicals in this house!
When we were expecting Little Man, I decided to start making homemade cleaning supplies -since I did not want cabinets full of chemical cleaners for "baby" to discover. It didn't take long for me to realize how easy, inexpensive, and better smelling my goodies were.

So, when morning sickness hit me hard and heavy the past few months, I bought bottles of "stuff" so Little Man could take care of cleaning without me. Yuck! We're definitely returning to our homemade goodies!

Here's one of my favorite all purpose cleaner "recipe" for those of you that want to give it a try.

1 teaspoon borax, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 cups hot water
Combine in a spray bottle, and shake gently. I like to add a few drops of essential oil like lemon or orange. That's all there is to it!



1 comment:

Taylor said...

I agree!!! thanx 4 the recipe