October 26, 2008

My Stack

Okay... am I the only one that keeps a stack of books that I'm reading? I was zone cleaning in my room last week and realized just how many books I have going at one time. No wonder it takes me so long to finish one. Here's what is in my stack:


  • Jumping Ship by Michael Pearl
    I had read articles in the No Greater Joy monthly newsletter that were really good. So when they were compiled into a book, I was excited to read it again.





  • How to Raise an American by Myrna Blyth and Chriss Winston
    "1776 fun and easy tools, tips, and activities to help your children love this country." It really is full of fun ideas for use throughout the year. It even has historical places to visit listed by state. I'm learning so much too!







  • The Little Book of Christian Character and Manners by William and Colleen Dedrick
    I've had this book on my shelf for several years... don't know what prompted me to revisit it- but I'm glad I have. It is so encouraging. "The authors reach back to a time before the advent of child experts and uncover tried and true ways, rooted in the timeless wisdom of the Bible, of raising children."



  • So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore by Jake Colsen
    My friends Mr and Mrs D lent this book to me. It was nothing like I expected. It's great!!It's written in a journal format of conversations and how the "exchanges turn Jake's world upside-down. If you're tired of just going through the motions of Christianity and want to mine the depths of what it really means to live deeply in Christ, you'll find Jake's story will give you hope for your own. This book probes the difficult questions and offers some far-reaching answers."


  • What Shall the Redeemed Wear? by Simon Schrock
    Boy is this one challenging me. After going shopping for maternity clothing last week, I realized just how immodest and indecent clothing has become. I'm a LL Bean or Land's End shopper- give me a catalogue and I'm happy. The argument I hear so often today when it comes to modesty and dress is that God jsut doesn't care since He looks at the heart- right? But is that really what the Word of God teaches? Hmmm...



  • For Women Only: What You Need to Know About the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Feldhahn
    Boy is this a good reminder to me the differences in Sweetheart and myself. We're not right or wrong- just created differently. A must read for every young lady.


  • Little Miss "I's" mom was so sweet to give me a stack of pregnancy magazines. So along with What to Expect When You Are Expecting, they are in my stack too.

And lastly... at the bottom of the stack... to read someday (if they don't get something else placed on top of them ;-)

  • The Power of Crying Out by Bill Gothard

  • When Families Pray by Cheri Fuller

  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp

  • A Parent's Guide to Spiritual Warfare by Leslie Montgomery

So, what are you reading?

No comments: