November 15, 2008

Febreeze and Smoke

I told you last weekend how much I enjoy Saturday mornings home alone... This morning, I am freezing instead of snuggling with my cup of tea. Blame it on pregnancy hormones. Seems everything these days from a stuffy nose to brain fog is the fault of hormones.

I had a dumb moment Thursday. The house seemed a bit chilly and damp. So I headed to the basement to build a fire in the wood stove. I thought I was opening the damper. But instead, I must have left the damper open all summer. SO instead of opening... yep, I closed it. It didn't take long before smoke was rolling up the staircase and even coming under the walls in the basement. Little Man came to my rescue with fire extinguishers, cordless phone and a cloth so I could cover my nose. We got the damper opened... and what do you know? It quit smoking. But what to do with all that was already in the house?

Yesterday, we left all the windows open while we were away at an appointment. We "Febreezed" the furniture and draperies when we arrived home. The windows are open again this morning - and I'm freezing! But thankful I didn't do more damage than I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that had to be scary! Thank goodness your #1 son was there to help!! I'm glad nothing really bad happened; although smoky smell is bad enough :( Sure hope it gets aired out soon.
Please tell your hubby it was great to talk to him today!!! :D