November 26, 2008

Mini-Vacation



Last week, we had a home school field trip to Cades Cove.
We decided to make a mini-vacation of it.


Almost 17 years ago we spent part of our honeymoon at Hidden Mt Resorts.
I've lost count of how many times we have been back since then.
It is still a favorite for us... even Little Man.

Little Man snapped this photo while I was fixing chili for dinner. The funny thing to me what the items in the foreground: nasal spray for pregnancy congestion (my midwife said the only time she wants me to reach for the Afrin is during labor!), prenatal vitamins, and a tomato- which I just can't eat enough of. A month ago it was avocados... now it's tomatoes.
[So what does that mean, Carmen?]


Life is good! Look who had his own king bed... but ended up sleeping between dad and me!

Ranger Beth used my guys to show how the pioneers in Cade's Cove
would have built their homes.


Making a pioneer toy with the other homeschoolers.

Oliver Cabin where we had our class.



One more hike before heading home.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

looks and sounds fun!!
Tell LM that i have a riddle that needs answered! : )